2018 Season Haunted Halloween Train Call For Volunteers
For the second year in a row, Cheyenne Steamers, a non-pro t amusement organization is sponsoring the Haunted Halloween Train. The train is located next door to the Cheyenne Ice and Events Center but is not a formal part of the Events Center. The historic trains take passengers on a haunted train journey. During the journey, stories are told that depict haunted ghost train stories. e event is fun for all ages, 1 to 101. This event is NOT scary, bloody, or gory. It is fun and entertaining.
Call for Volunteers
This event requires about 12 to as many as 15 volunteers ages 10 to 100 to help act out the scenes of the journey each night. Volunteers will participate as either storytellers or as scene actors:
- Storytellers read a 45 second script that describes the events of the scene.
- Younger actors are dressed as ghosts in period costumes to portray the scenes.
Again, this is not a bloody, gory, scary event. is event tells mostly historically-themed stories about railroad events involving real people. Participants may be scheduled for as little as three (3) hours, or as many as six (6) hours each evening. Additional duties that volunteers will be asked to help out with include helping with tickets, loading and unloading passengers, ensuring everyone stays safe, and of course having fun!
Facts About the Event
Cheyenne Steamers is providing plenty of adult supervision. This activity is safe! We guard the area we work in and we closely monitor the scenes and the actors. Volunteers are not left unsupervised at any time. None of the scenes include dangerous items such as live fire or active machinery. Other fun facts include:
- Volunteers are asked to be at the Train no later than 5:00 pm. e event officially ends at 8:00 pm, however there may be busy nights where the final runs happen after 8:00 pm. We are normally finished with the majority of the cleanup and most of the volunteers are released to go home by about 8:30 pm.
- After the event is finished (end of October) we will host a party for all volunteers to thank them for their time.
- Snacks and drinks for the volunteers are provided by Cheyenne Steamers at all events.
- Volunteers will not be asked to do activities that they may not feel comfortable with.
- This is a great event for aspiring theater and/or theater majors.
- Cheyenne Steamers, as a 501(c)(3) non-pro t organization will track volunteer hours and provide certification of volunteer hours as needed.
- Parents wanting more information about the event can call Cheyenne Steamers at (307) 778-7458 or you can email email@example.com
- Family members of volunteers are provided train ride vouchers (good for train rides only.)
- Volunteers are asked to schedule times with the Volunteer Coordinator. Once you have scheduled with the volunteer, we ask that you please make the commitment to attend.
- By submitting your dates available, you are committing to participate on those days in whatever role and position is requested of you. We understand that to the best of your knowledge, you are available the days you have presented.
- If you are not able to make it on any particular night due to unforeseen circumstance or schedule conflict, then it is your responsibility to contact the Volunteer Coordinator to report your absence as soon as possible so that a replacement can be scheduled in your place.
- You shall report on time (not later than your assigned call time, at the very latest 5:00 pm) for the nights you are scheduled.
- You must be fit, healthy, alert, not under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and ready to work.
- You shall follow all safety precautions, rules, and instructions given to you by the Manager(s) in Charge. You must conduct yourself in a manner that promotes a safe environment for you and everyone else.
- Certain positions may require special training, instruction, and other requirements. If you have not received such training and instruction, or you do not otherwise meet all the requirements, you are not authorized to fill those positions.
- You shall respect others around you, especially the patrons who come to ride the train. You shall conduct yourself in a manner and use language that is appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
- You understand that if you do not follow the rules, you may be immediately excused from participation, perhaps indefinitely.
If you are interested and can commit to any or all of the dates indicated, please download and fill out the sign-up form via the link below (if you are under 18, you must also have your parents’ signature) and return them in person or by email to us as soon as possible, no later than October 2, 2018. We would appreciate it if as many people as possible come to the dress rehearsal on October 4.
c/o Wasatch Railroad Contractors 422 Parsley Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82007
Have any questions? Are you interested? Please contact me if you would like to participate, or if you have any questions I can answer.
John E. Rimmasch, Cheyenne Steamers